At Cape Breton University, we recognize the importance of spending time outdoors and the many benefits it provides for students. Spending time outside can offer students a great source of physical activity while providing opportunities to meet new friends, develop outdoor leadership skills, and experience the charm of Cape Breton Island.
Due to Cape Breton University's campus location, students can access many exciting outdoor activities delivered both on and off-campus. These outdoor activities include:
On CBU Campus Opportunities
• CBU Track and Field Facilities
• CBU Track and Field Club Team Training
• Learn to Run Program
• Safe area for CBU Community to walk or run
• Host track and Field Meet
• Artificial Turf and Grass Field
• CBU Men and Women Rugby Teams Training and Games
• Outdoor Intramural Leagues and pick up sports (Fall and Spring): Soccer, Rugby, Cricket, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee etc.
• Outdoor Camps
Off-Campus Outdoor Recreation Opportunities (but not limited to)
• Bike-sharing program
• Skiing (Downhill and cross country)
• Adventure trips: hiking, backpacking, canoeing, geocaching, etc.
For more information regarding outdoor activities and facilities provided in the surrounding CBRM, please visit: https://www.cbrm.ns.ca/recreation-facilities.html#booking%20guide